Monday, September 1, 2008

August Newsletter

August was been an interesting month. Of course, we have enjoying the summer but I also had to start getting ready for school. So it seemed a lot busier. Amberley started dance class which she is really enjoying. Brenton started baseball and has played nearly every position. His favorites are pitcher, catcher, and first base. We also got to visit family in St. George when Mom, Dad, Cyndi, and family came down; while Debbie and I went up. We had fun swimming and visiting with everyone.
We also had to do the school things. Everyone went to the dentist to clean their teeth. Brenton will be getting braces in September. We also did school shopping and Jackson had to get his school shots. He was very brave even though he had to get four shots. I got back into my room early, trying to get organized for the new school year. I also had several training in August trying to reinvent some lessons and activities.
I guess the biggest piece of news is that I broke my ankle. Two days before I had to go back to work we were at the baseball park. I was stepping down off the bleachers when on the last step, my foot slipped and I fell right on the ankle, chipped a bone the Dr. said. It was very painful. Tuesday Mike and I spend the whole day at the doctors. Wednesday I went back to school with crutches. It was not a good way to spend my last day of summer vacation. However, my ankle is healing well. I was on crutches for about two weeks. Now I’m using a walking cast for a few weeks. Then I will return to the doctor and I’m hoping I will just have a brace to wear with my regular shoes for a couple of weeks. Because of my ankle this has been the most stressful start to school I have ever had, however, my class, parents, fellow teachers, and principle have been very supportive.
Mike has had a pretty good month. He has been really helpful at home, he took the whole day off at work to take me to the doctor and later that night he moved all the furniture in my classroom so my room would be ready for the Meet-and-Greet the next day. Work is the same, but this last week he’s been in Henderson at Green Valley Ranch Resort for training. That is an hour drive, not fun in the hot, hot sun with no air conditioning. One morning when he was on his way out the door he had a present; a flat tire. He got to work about an hour late. That was not a good day.
Lastly, Mike and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary. Mike took me to a very nice restaurant called The Capital Grille. It has a beautiful view overlooking the Wynn/Encore and with a great view of the Strip. Mike made special arrangements to have rose petals on the table with a card from the restaurant. It was very nice. I even had Calamari. Mike says the best Calamari on the planet. Next month, we will celebrate again with a trip to NYC. Grandma Justice and Great Grandma Gale are coming to Las Vegas to watch the kids so we can stay for a few days. We are getting excited.
Well, that’s about it. I hope everyone is doing ok. We love ya.
The Justice Family

1 comment:

Tristen said...

Hi Jackie! It's Tristen Parsons! Just wanted to say hi and I enjoy reading about you and your family! Sounds like things are going good...sorry to hear about your ankle! :) Just thought I would drop ya a note!